The Ultimate Guide to Cleaning Pet UrineRoger Hu
Having a cat or dog can prove to be beneficial for your mental health because they can be your best friends to give you company. Keeping a pet is the most pleasant experience for the majority of people, as they become a family member for you. But it can be challenging for you to keep your home smelling fresh and clean all the time. If you own a pet dog or cat, then you might encounter the problem of the dog peeing on the carpet, sofas, couches or other fabric. Cleaning Pet Urine should be done promptly and efficiently, which you can find out how below.
It is common for the pet to pee in the living space of your home. No matter your pet is potty-trained or not, you could still face such situations from time to time. Typically, it happens when your pet is left alone in the house for too long. But it can also occur when you are present in the house. If your pet has a habit of peeing in the living space of your home, then you have to be vigilant and keep an eye on your pet all the time. This is an additional responsibility in addition to feeding and caring for your pet. Quite frankly, it is not possible to stay with your pet all the time and watch its activities.
Making sure to remove the pee odour
Once your pet pees on the carpet or couch, now you have to spend extra money to clean it. You also have to make sure that you completely remove the pee odour and stain from the carpet, fabric or couch. The urine of cats and dogs contains pheromone, which is a particular hormone with a pungent smell. Pheromone helps the animals to communicate with one another and marking their territories. Cats and dogs have heightened smelling sense. Once the animal pees, you need to clean the spot properly or else your pet will be drawn to the same area and pee again.
Why All-natural pet cleaning products?
When you need to clean after your pet, your first and foremost choice should be all-natural cleaning products. The reason is that chemical-based cleaning products can expose your pet to harmful chemicals. Animals have a habit of sniffing floor and other places, so they are more affected by the chemicals than us. Not only animals but also small children are also exposed to harmful chemical. Once you have applied the synthetic product, the odour will be gone in a few minutes, but in reality, your pet can still smell it for weeks. Therefore, you should replace your pet cleaning products with all-natural and organic products. Natural pet-cleaning products have multiple benefits:
- Natural products are safe for pet’s health
- The ingredients are environment friendly
- Natural products do not discolour and damage the fabric
- Safe for people who have allergic reactions
Cleaning products that are harmful to pets
There are multiple cleaning products that we can use in cleaning pet urine. These products include toilet cleaners, floor cleaners, surface cleaners, air fresheners, fabric cleaners and other chemical-based products. All of these products are harmful to pets when they come into contact with these. Some ingredients that are toxic and hazardous for pets are:
- Chlorine: Chlorine is the most common ingredient in toilet cleaners and disinfectants. The exposure to chlorine can cause eye allergies, skin damage and damage to other sensitive areas of pets’ body.
- Ammonia: Ammonia is commonly used in surface cleaners, glass cleaners and other cleaners. Upon mixing with bleach, ammonia generates poisonous gas which causes respiratory issues, throat issues and even death for pets.
- Glycol ethers: It is another common ingredient found in the carpet cleaners, stain removers and glass cleaners. This chemical is hazardous for pets and can cause lungs damage, kidney damage and even anemia.
Natural cleaning methods for pet cleaning
The most common and easy DIY cleaning solution is the white vinegar, baking soda and water. It is a safe and effective pee odour and stain removing solution. Following are the simple steps to clean dog urine using natural products:
- First, you need a paper towel to dry the pee area. Instead of rubbing and spreading the pee, you need to soak all the moisture with a paper towel. Keep patting until the spot is relatively dry.
- Create a mixture of water and white vinegar in 1:1 ratio. Put the mixture in a spray bottle or a simple bottle. The vinegar neutralises the pungent pee odour and cleans it from the carpet or fabric. Put the vinegar on the urine area and scrub it real hard in cleaning the pet urine.
- In step 3, put baking soda on the spot which is wet from the vinegar. The combination of vinegar and baking soda is convenient for removing the smell and stains of dog pee. Leave the baking soda until the spot is dry. It might take a few hours or even a couple of days.
- Once the area is completely dry, use the vacuum cleaner to suck the baking soda from the carpet. You do not have to wash it or wet it after that. Now your carpet is odour and stain-free.
Natural Pet Cleaning
Pet pee is a common problem which is faced by all pet owners. But there is a need to be proactive and avoid it in the first place. Once it happens, then make sure to remove the odour altogether so that your pet is not attracted to the same spot again. Make sure to avoid using the standard chemical cleaners that we use in our home because pets are sensitive. Your only priority should be using an all-natural cleaning solution. Preparing a homemade solution is a hassle. So your best choice is the natural pet cleaning solution.
Good Scruff is an Australian brand which offers a range of all-natural pet cleaning products. Their products provide an eco-friendly and green solution for pet urine and cleaning problems. All products are made from 100% natural, non-toxic and tested ingredients.