Natural Beeswax UsesRoger Hu
Bees are considered to be the most important living beings on our planet. They are considered to be the critical pollinators which are responsible for the pollination of 70 out of 100 crop species which are responsible for feeding 90% of the total population of our planet. According to an estimate, if bees disappear from the Earth, we may lose a majority of our crops, animals that consume those plants and ultimately our food chain will be disrupted. If bees were extinct, we would have a tough time having a sustainable population. Our yield would be low, and the markets will have half the amount of fruits and vegetables. So what are some uses for natural beeswax?
Apart from pollination, bees are the only source of honey as well as the beeswax. Beeswax is as essential as the honey, but in modern times we have forgotten the worth of beeswax. In recent years, beeswax has become an essential product as it is being used in skincare and health products. It is a common ingredient in many skin and cosmetic products. Beeswax is a 100% natural compound which is produced by secretion of bees. It does not spoil, expire or become unusable even after hundreds of years. It can be reused multiple times after reheating. Find the benefits and uses of natural beeswax below.
Benefits and Uses of Natural Beeswax
Beeswax has been used for multiple purposes for many years. In ancient times, beeswax was considered to be a natural healer as it can heal wounds, cure skin problems and also a great anti-ageing agent. It also has a significant effect on our circulatory system, lowers cholesterol levels, swelling and inflammation. It cannot be orally used but has multiple topical and other applications.
Beeswax is widely used in many skin products. It helps in repairing, moisturising and healing skin. Beeswax also protects skin and lips from the damage. It also improves chapped and rough lips. It also acts as an indirect anti-ageing agent because it moisturises the skin which removes the wrinkles from the surface.
Treatment of Acne
Beeswax is an excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-septic agent, making it suitable for treating acne. It not only removes but also softens skin because it is a natural emollient.
Other skin uses
Due to its water-retaining ability, beeswax also removes stretch marks from the skin. The stretch marks are caused due to the reduced collagen and elasticity. Beeswax can increase collagen production and prevent stretch marks. Beeswax is a natural healer who is used on cut wounds, scrapes and burn marks. It can be coated on damage and exposed skin to prevent the infections. It is a natural soother and can prevent skin irritation as well as itching, caused by eczema and psoriasis. Due to its multiple applications, uses of natural beeswax can be found in several cosmetic and skin products including, lip balms, lotions, cleansing creams, cold creams, skin moisturisers, and few other products.
Reduces pain and inflammation
Beeswax has been used for thousands of years to treat inflammation and pain. According to a Korean study published in 2014, beeswax also helps in reducing inflammation caused by the osteoarthritis. It also reduces the itching, redness and skin irritation.
Making beeswax candles
Beeswax has been used for centuries in the making of beeswax candles. Beeswax candles are way superior to the paraffin and soy candles in many ways. Before the availability of electricity, candles used to be an essential commodity of every household. Nowadays, the application of candles has become limited, but they are still relevant. Beeswax candles are more expensive than paraffin and soy candles. The reason is their limited availability and multiple benefits.
Benefits of beeswax candles
Natural Beeswax can also be used to produce candles. Ancient Greeks, Egyptian and Chinese used beeswax candles to light their homes because they burn for longer and are 100% natural. The benefits of beeswax candles include:
- Purifying air: Beeswax candles are 100% natural candles and emit negative ions when they are burned. The negative ions attract the positive ions (dust, pollen, dander and other pollutants) and neutralise their effect. In this way, beeswax reduces indoor pollution and purifies environment indoors in a natural way.
- Burns longer and brighter: Beeswax candles burn longer than the other types of candles. They have a high melting point, which gives them more vivid and stronger flame. Besides, it produces the same bright light spectrum as the sun.
- Environment friendly: Beeswax candles are environment-friendly as they do not produce carbon upon burning. They produce very little smoke and burn clean when trimmed adequately because they are not oil-based. They are natural ionisers which can cleanse and improve air quality. Also, the smoke from the beeswax candles does not contain any harmful chemical.
- Relaxes mind: The beeswax candles can give you a feeling of calmness and relaxation after a long tiring day.
- Have a pleasant odour: Beeswax candles have a lovely fragrance because they are naturally scented like honey. Its unique odour can refresh the indoor environment. If you have any bad smell in your home or kitchen, burning a beeswax candle will eliminate that smell and keep indoors fresh.
- Sootless and dripless: Beeswax is a 100% natural compound, meaning the candles do not cause any sooting or dripping. It makes beeswax candles unique and special.
- Asthma & Allergy Relief: Beeswax candles are 100% natural which burns without emitting any harmful chemicals. It makes them perfect for people who have allergies or Asthma—burning beeswax candles before sleeping will clear the room from any allergen pollutants to help you sleep without any worry.
How to choose beeswax candles?
Beeswax candles are less standard than the soy and paraffin candles due to limited availability and high price. Before making beeswax candles, make sure there are no soy traces in them. Always buy from a trusted store and brand. There are minimal stores in Australia that sell natural beeswax candles. Honey & Glow is an Australian brand which makes the best beeswax candles. Their products are 100% natural as they are beekeepers from the Canberra, Australia. They produce their products with the least ingredients to keep it as natural as possible.