Benefits of Natural and Organic FoodsRoger Hu
The word “organic” refers to the way agricultural products are grown & processed. Organic food is formed by farmers who highlight the use of renewable assets and the preservation of soil and water to improve the ecological value for future generations. Organic eggs, poultry, meat, and dairy products come from the animals that are not raised on antibiotics or growth hormones. It is formed without using conservative pesticides; fertilisers made with artificial ingredients, sewage sludge or bioengineering. Find more about the benefits of Natural and Organic Foods below.
Benefits of Organic Food
Organic foods have more beneficial and valuable nutrients, such as antioxidants, than their traditionally grown complements and the people who have allergies to chemicals, foods, or preservatives often find their symptoms decrease when they eat only organic foods.
Organic food contains less pesticide. Chemicals such as herbicides, fungicides and insecticides are extensively used in agriculture and residues remain on the food we eat.
Organic food is fresher: It does not include preservatives that store it last longer. It is often formed on smaller farms near where it is sold.
Organic farming is best for the environment. Organic farming application decrease pollution preserves water, decrease soil erosion, enhance soil fertility, and utilize less energy. Farming without pesticides is also best for birds and animals as well as the people who live nearby to farms.
Organic Food is GMO-free. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) foods are the plants whose DNA has been changed in many ways that can’t arise in nature, most frequently to be opposed to pesticides or produce an insecticide.
Benefits of eating natural foods
We avoid eating processed foods which may contain added salt, sugar and fat, which are harmful to the body; there are several reasons to go for natural foods. These include:
- Eating food with extreme saturated fat increases cholesterol levels. This includes foods like cakes, sausages, puddings, biscuits, pastries, and pies. Swap saturated fat with healthy unsaturated fats to get better cholesterol levels. So eat whole grains, fruit and vegetables and plant-based foods like beans, nuts and seeds.
- Foods like processed meats, sweets, fried foods and refined grains were associated with inflammation as well as an increased risk of heart disease.
- Processed foods could cause weight gain eventually because they take a smaller amount of energy to digest and absorb food than natural, unrefined foods.
- Eating natural food is better for your bank balance. Cooking meals with some ingredients at home is cheaper than eating out. At home, you can save money and make many meals in batches to freeze and last you throughout the week.
- It is simple to manage food allergies and intolerances. If your family has a food allergy, you will understand the value of avoiding ingredients that cause symptoms. Managing the food allergies is a lot simpler if you manage cooking your food in your kitchen with ingredients you trust.
- Natural Food could be the key to managing your weight.
Consuming natural and unprocessed foods, such as vegetables, fruits, meats, whole grains, and non-homogenized dairy products, has enormous health benefits as they are rich in nutrients and contain fewer additives than heavily processed foods. For instance, wheat-based bread is healthier than bread made from the white flour, potatoes are more healthy than potato chips, and oranges cannot be held on the same pedestal as orange juices sold in stores.
Natural foods attain high in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, carbohydrates, water, fibre, fatty acids, and many more. These are all important for our nutrition to have a balanced lifestyle. Natural foods can help control blood sugar levels, reduce cholesterol, reduce the risks of cardiovascular disease, control diabetes, speed up weight loss, and it helps you get into the best physical and mental form of your life.
The Foods to Eat
Here are some of the natural food ingredients you need to consume:
- Fresh vegetables & fruits, such as kale, cabbage, broccoli, spinach, cherries, pears, berries, apples, and plums.
- Lean sources of meat, free-range chicken, wild fish, and grass-fed beef, fresh fish, eggs, etc.
- Omega 3 foods: eggs wild salmon, herring.
- Whole grains, mainly quinoa, amaranth, barley, whole grain rye, buckwheat, millet, and Kasha.
- Beans and legumes, especially lentils, and chickpeas.
- Nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, pistachios, and pecans.
Benefits of Organic foods
Organic foods are better than ever nowadays. Organic foods & processed foods are 2 of the types of fruits, vegetables, and meats that can be found in stores these days. Numerous labels are used to determine how much processing food has gone through. One of the steps in influencing how healthy your lifestyle knows whether there is a difference in organic or processed foods.
Processed food stands for any food that has been firmly altered in a food lab in any way or the other before utilization.
This is done for 4 primary purposes:
- delay spoilage
- make our daily life easier
- enhance food lifespan
- make more money for the food producer
Processed foods include food that has been canned, cooked, soaked, frozen, or changed in dietary structure, whether it is through preserving, fermenting or preparing in different ways. Examples of processed foods contain processed meats, snack chips, cake mixes, candy, bread, savoury snacks, such as crisps, frozen dinners, such as microwaved meals.
Processed food is bad for health:
Processed foods are energy-intense foods. They are high-calorie items that provide many calories with no nutritional value to your body. So, a proceeded food diet one that is high in preservatives, artificial ingredients and added extra sugars and fats is not the best thing to stimulate your body with.
Processed foods are the definitive diet saboteurs. Eat nothing but processed foods, and you will find yourself faced with a mass of weight increase and health issues.
Some processed food we should avoid to eat:
- High-fructose corn syrup.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Artificial dyes
- fruit canned in heavy syrup
- food in a box or can or package.
- Potato chips
- Artificial Fruit or vegetable juices
- Salted and seasoned nuts.
- Artificial Sweetened yogurts.
- Ice cream
Therefore, Natural and Organic Foods is much better and healthier than processed food. Broth & Co is a perfect example of natural and organic foods. Broth & Co come from the health and fitness industry so they combined their knowledge and research from this industry to provide nutrient-dense food that is flavourful and easy to consume. They want to make living healthy easier and more convenient. The effect can be instant, such as feeling energised or it can be long term for improving our overall health. Start eating Natural and Organic Foods today!